Thursday, April 16, 2009

Let's Keep it Real

I decided at the close of 2008 that I would go natural. I had finally had enough of not really being true to myself. It was a very big decision to reveal the real me. I had hid my true identity for many years. At first I told myself that it was more convenient to wear extensions but then I felt strange when I did not have them in. I was my hair!! I felt incomplete without my hair".
Well, I decided to start off with two strand twists. I was very pleased with the results even if the parts weren't straight. My husband encouraged me to have my sister help me do the next set which she did. I must say that my first day back at work I was a bit nervous. I was unsure how my colleagues and my students would react. Would there be a lot of stares, comments or people wanting to touch my hair. I had all that and more. There was no turning back. I had crossed the bridge into the land of freedom and I have no regrets.
I can not get over the amount of potions, lotions, curling irons, flat irons, mousses, glazes and sprays that I no longer had any use for. For what it's worth I'm proud to say I am keepin' it real.

No comments: