Tuesday, December 7, 2010
Friday, August 7, 2009
Saturday, May 30, 2009
Saturday, May 16, 2009
I enjoy using the bendable rods. They are very easy to use and my hair sets very quickly. I usually wash my hair at night and sleep in them but this time I washed my hair in the morning and only left them in for four hours. This is the third washing. I'm an old pro at it now. I had to give in and do my bendable rod set because my locks are much easier to control.
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone with Nextel Direct Connect
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Selection: Both sites offer a wide variety of colors. Soclocsocks offers more styles. I currently have twenty four and counting..
Monday, May 11, 2009
At work I enjoy the versatility in being able to wear my Loc Soc. The head wraps featured in this blog were purchased at cheaplocsocs.com . My scalp is much less visible at this point. I generally roll my hair on bendalble rollers after washing it while my hair is still damp. The curls last until I wash my hair.
What I have learned over the course of the first month.
1. My hair will always shrink at this stage.
2. I am no longer worrired about my scalp showing.
3. I am not a fan of braiding and banding although I do do it every time I wash.
4. I like the botanical SL shampoo over the SL starter shampoo.
5. I love matching my outfits with Loc Socs and loc Scrunchies.
6. I have definitely developed the, "fingers" in your hair disease.
7. I am seeing a change in the texture of my hair already.
8. Even my kinky hair can slip. I lost two locs which I will have to have re-installed before my first official whole head re-tightening next month.
Goals for month 2
1. Make my own hair jewelry and/or head bands.
2. Leave my hair in its natural state after washing for one week each month w/o roller setting it.
3. Wear my hair in a "up" do.
Friday, April 24, 2009
I figured out a way to reduce some of the shrinkage that I was experiencing. I decided to roll my hair on bendable rod rollers. I dampened my hair and stretched it as I rolled it. I went to bed with the rollers in my hair and the next morning although my hair was curly I had regained a great deal of the length that I had lost due to shrinkage. Maybe this can help others as well. I got several compliments on my hair today as well. Notice the difference in these pictures and the pictures from "The Big Wash".