Friday, April 17, 2009

Sisterlocks


I have finally started the journey. I found my loctician on Doc Locs blog. Patricia is a Sisterlocks trainee looking to complete her certification. She was offering a free installation for the first four inches of hair. I could not believe what I was reading. This was a dream come true for me. Unsure as to how long the offer had been on the web I took a chance and sent her an email letting her know that I was definitely interested. I was nervous because I had reached out to get my hair done. I did not know that she was only offering it to the first three people who responded. As luck would have it I was the fourth person to respond. I was saddened and dissapointed. I thought that my journey would seriously have to wait. I broke the sad news to my husband. Patricia called me to let me know that she would still do my hair if I was interested at a reduced rate. Long story short it did not work out with the second person which moved me to the third spot!!!
I met with Patricia a few days later for my consultation and test locks. I had four strange looking strings in my hair that I just starred at when I got home. I was proud of my four test locks and found myself anxious for the first week to pass to see what would happen when they were washed. They got a little bigger and became very curly. Over the course of two weeks there was no way that I would have been able to remove those test locks!!
It took five consecutive days and thirty seven hours to install my 510+ locks. I was pleased with the end result. My vacation plans were destroyed but my locks were in.

4 comments:

NubianLockedPrincess said...

congrats! I referred my friend to Pat. I believe She was her first install. I have brotherlock size sisterlocks. I love the convenience of wash and wear locs. I`am sure you will too! My best friend Lelia lives in Elmont.

Best wishes!

Spicylocks said...

I am glad you referred her. Paticia is an excellent loctician. On day we will have to schedule a luncheon. I would love to meet you and Lelia. Small world : )

Ira Forbes said...

Patricia is freindly and holds great conversation i got my brotherlocks installed feb 7 and 8th and i love them it took bout 21hours to install on two day period i have some that are micro around my hairline around my head..the grid is so flawless im a perfectionist nothing to complain about hair:)

Anonymous said...

Good after noon I would appreciate it if you could refer me to patricia I am also in the Elmont area looking for a sister locks styles thank you