Saturday, May 30, 2009

First Re-Tightening! and Triplets


This is the side view of my hair before the re-tightening on the left. Note how the parts are no longer clear. Here's that same area in the smaller picture after. What a big difference.






This was what I called, "The Lock Mess". I don't really know when this happened. Everything was great until I noticed this. I usually wear my hair down, in a "loc soc" or "loc scrunchie" so I didn't notice what was going on.




Today I had my first re-tightening after 6 weeks from install date. I could not wait any longer. I called Patricia and emailed her photos of my locks. She agreed that we needed to move up the date of the re-tightening. I had sooo much new growth in the crown, back and sides (1/2" - 3/4"). I grew three new baby locks along the front of my hairline. I am so proud of them. I had some slippage but only in the back left corner. Notice the before and after photo. Believe it or not only one lock slipped there. The rest was new growth that made it appear as if the locks were gone. Due to the amount of growth that I experienced my re-tightening took 7 hours. I was pleased with the results and the obvious growth of my locks. I will have to schedule my appointments for every five weeks for now while my hair is experiencing such rapid growth. I don't mind because I like to keep my hair neat. The top picture is after and the second picture was taken right before my re-tightening.
Well I'm smiling again and loving my locks. My loctician and I agreed that for the month of June I would only use the SL starter shampoo although if makes my scalp itch, in order to sufficiently roughen the cuticle and help my new locks as well as the lock that slipped stay in the locking pattern.
In July I can return to using the SL Green Tea shampoo which I really like. The fragrance is very pleasant and my scalp did not itch from using it.
Girls!!!! It feels so good having my locks retightened and close to the scalp again. I should be good for the next 5 weeks. My two month anniversary is approaching.


4 comments:

Maxizone said...

Spicylocks, glad your re-tightening went well. Isn't it just great having everything put back nice and neat! Wow, so much growth. 7 hours! I guess the time will reduce with less time between re-tightenings.

Spicylocks said...

I hope the re-tightening time decreases. I want my hair t grow and hopefully I will be able to financially keep up with this rate of growth. I am hoping that I can last at least 5 weeks between re-tightenings.

Gigglz said...

7 hours - wow!!! Your hair is really growing well!!!

Maxizone said...

Hi, I have an award tag for you - see my blog.