Monday, May 11, 2009

1 Month







Happy with the face in the mirror. One month in the locking pattern and all smiles. I have been using Loc Socs to accesorize my hair.

At work I enjoy the versatility in being able to wear my Loc Soc. The head wraps featured in this blog were purchased at cheaplocsocs.com . My scalp is much less visible at this point. I generally roll my hair on bendalble rollers after washing it while my hair is still damp. The curls last until I wash my hair.

What I have learned over the course of the first month.
1. My hair will always shrink at this stage.
2. I am no longer worrired about my scalp showing.
3. I am not a fan of braiding and banding although I do do it every time I wash.
4. I like the botanical SL shampoo over the SL starter shampoo.
5. I love matching my outfits with Loc Socs and loc Scrunchies.
6. I have definitely developed the, "fingers" in your hair disease.
7. I am seeing a change in the texture of my hair already.
8. Even my kinky hair can slip. I lost two locs which I will have to have re-installed before my first official whole head re-tightening next month.


Goals for month 2
1. Make my own hair jewelry and/or head bands.
2. Leave my hair in its natural state after washing for one week each month w/o roller setting it.
3. Wear my hair in a "up" do.

4 comments:

Felicia said...

I really appreciate your blog ,being a newbie myself. I will be sisterlocked for three months on May 23rd. Everyone (including Blaqkofi, my lock-star), talks about bendable rollers. Where do you find them? What sizes do they come in? How do you use them? Forgive my ignorance of the items in the beauty world, but I really do not know. I would appreciate your answer. Perhaps there is someone else out there like me who doesn't know.
Thanks!! By the way, your locks look amazing!!!

Spicylocks said...

Hey Felicia,
You should be able to get them at your local beauty supply store. What I do is after I wash my locks I simply section my lock and put 15-20 of my locks on each roller. I have over 500 locks. I use about 15 of the grey long bendable rollers. If you do it before you go to bed when you wake up you will have unbelievable curls that will last until you wash your hair. I also keep ypur hair from shrinking too much. Hope this helps. We newbies have to stick together : )

Felicia said...

Thanks for your help!! As you said, I found them at the beauty supply ( I thought that I would have to order them online!!) Love your blog!!!

Spicylocks said...

I'm so glad you found them. Let me know how it works out for you. I'm glad you're enjoying my blog : )