Saturday, May 16, 2009

The Bendable Rods

I enjoy co-ordintating my loc socs with my outfits and the bendable roller set gives me a nice curly puff every time. Here are the results of the bendable rod journey.









I set my hair damp on the rollers for about four hours. I generally wear my hair with a loc soc for now because my hair on the very front crown area is not as full as the rest of my hair because it is a different texture.



I enjoy using the bendable rods. They are very easy to use and my hair sets very quickly. I usually wash my hair at night and sleep in them but this time I washed my hair in the morning and only left them in for four hours. This is the third washing. I'm an old pro at it now. I had to give in and do my bendable rod set because my locks are much easier to control.

Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone with Nextel Direct Connect

4 comments:

Felicia said...

Yay!! I get to see a picture of someone using bendable rods to make sure that I am using them correctly. Is your hair braided under the rods or do you just take a section of hair to roll? Thanks for the informative blog of your journey.

Spicylocks said...

I don't braid my hair when I roll it. It is easier for me to not braid it right now. If you braid it it will take longer to dry. I'm glad you got the rods. They work really well. I am glad you are finding my blog to me helpful : )

Docs Locs said...

Hi Spicy,
Thanks for your comment and I'm happy to have discovered your blog.

I braid only because of my length (to give the entire loc more texture) and I use 1/4 inch bendables just on the ends.

Luv the cap - saw it on the loc soc site!

DL

Spicylocks said...

I love your blog and will definitely follow it. I will braid my hair and curl just the ends once my hair grows. I am very excited to be part of the SL'd community. Thank you for veiwing my blog and your comments